Return to Football
Wednesday 31 March 2021 20:24 by Jon
We are looking forward to our season resuming this Sunday, following the Government and FA announcements from earlier this month that grassroots youth football can return.
The fixtures for this Sunday (4th April 2021) were posted on our website and on social media a couple of weeks ago, and we are looking forward to picking up where we left off with the Cup competitions.
We just want to emphasise that all the rules that were put in place before the season was suspended will continue to remain in place. This means, amongst other things:
- The FA have reiterated that no spectators are allowed at grassroots football unless its for safeguarding purposes, which should be limited to one parent or carer per participating child. The council have also told us this, as they want numbers at venues kept to a minimum. Unfortunately, this means that no sibling spectators are allowed.
- The ball must be sanitised before the game and each time the ball leaves the field of play.
- Managers must wear a face covering and gloves when dealing with injured players on the field.
- Face coverings must be worn when entering the clubhouse, i.e. to pay fees.
- As per our League Risk Assessment and FA Guidelines, each team should nominate a COVID-19 Officer, and it is that person who shall be responsible for ensuring that the COVID-19 procedures are being adhered to at the match for their team (not the referee).
We have included the link to the FA's most recent announcement below: