Opening Day of the 2020/21 Season
Monday 14 September 2020 10:30 by Jon Trenwith
It was great to get the 2020/21 season underway yesterday and to see the kids playing football again in a safe environment. Thank you to everyone that took the time to read and follow our COVID-19 Risk Assessment, the Liverpool County FA's COVID-19 Guidelines, and the FA's COVID-19 Guidelines.
We realise that these rules and guidelines are not ideal and may take some time to get used to, but it's essential that we follow them if we are to be allowed to continue playing football. These guidelines will be under constant review and we'll post on our website and social media accounts if anything significant changes.
We just want to highlight some key points:
- Track and trace lists of parents/carers/coaches and their phone numbers MUST be handed in to our League's COVID-19 Officer (Jon Trenwith). This is very important.
- Footballs need to be cleaned when the ball goes out of play (this is straight from the FA's Guidelines, so this isn't something we have made up ourselves to make life difficult for anyone, we assure you!).
- Face coverings MUST be worn in the clubhouse (unless you have an exception badge).
- Managers or Coaches must wear face coverings and gloves when attending to their players on the pitch, and teams need to bring their own sanitiser.
- A reminder that we have a limit of one parent/carer per player to attend our venue at any one time. It's of the upmost importance that we keep the attendance numbers to an absolute minimum, or it may result in children not being able to play football at all if we were to be closed down for not following this.
- If any teams need to cancel a fixture, or make a fixture time request for a fixture that has not been published yet, then please use our Fixture Request form.
Thank you once again to everyone for their cooperation with this, and we look forward to seeing you on the next match day.
If any club officials have any constructive feedback or suggestions about the policies and procedures that are in place, please feel free to email our League Secretary, Jon Trenwith, at [email protected]