2020/21 Registrations Now Open
Thursday 4 June 2020 22:00 by Skem JFL
We'd like to announce that registrations for the 2020/21 season are now open, and teams are invited to register online now.
New and existing teams
- Teams that played in the league during the 2019/20 season will have their places reserved until Friday 12th June 2020.
- After this date, places in each age group will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Some teams have noticed the registration forms were live, so thank you to those teams for registering already.
Season start date
- We are working on the assumption that the 2020/21 season will be starting on Sunday 6th September 2020.
- Hopefully, kids of all ages will be back in school then, and things will be getting back to some sort of normality.
- The health and safety of everyone involved with our league is of paramount importance, so we will be taking whatever health and safety precautions the government and FA put in place for grassroots football next season.
- We imagine these will include social distancing measures such as having spectators and coaches standing 2 metres apart from non-family members on the sidelines, players and officials not shaking hands, queue systems in place to keep people apart when paying match fees or ordering food & drink from the clubhouse, additional hand sanitiser being made available, etc. We'll post more information about this nearer to the time.
- The early end to last season due the Coronavirus pandemic has given the council time to carry out essential maintenance to the pitches.
- The pitches were Verti-Drained at the end of March and this is something we plan on having done at regular intervals going forward to make sure the pitches are aerated and can cope better with any wet weather.
- The council has been carrying out other maintenance such as hollow tining, re-seeding, and sand slitting the pitches, so they should be in excellent condition come September.
- We are planning on having the following age groups for the 2020/21 season: U7s, U8s, U9s, U10s, U11s, U12s & U13s.
- The U7s-U12s age groups will play at White Moss Road playing fields as usual.
- The U13s age group will play at Blaguegate playing fields.
- We are planning to go back to having 3 kick-off times for next season - 9:30am, 11am and 12:30pm.
Number of Teams
- We are planning to have a single division in each age group next season, and our target is to have 9-12 teams in each division.
- Limiting the number of teams (instead of having 20+ teams in a division, like we did for some age groups last season) will help us with the social distancing measures that are likely to be in place, and will also help spread the load on the pitches (even though we expect the pitches to be much better next season following the maintenance work that is being carried out).
- We have reduced the league fees for the 2020/21 season.
- Instead of teams paying league fees for 38 weeks of the year, we have reduced this to 33 weeks of the year.
- For teams that wish to pay their league fees up front as a single lump sum before the season starts, they will receive an additional saving on top of this.
- See our updated League Fees page for more information.